Monday, December 10, 2007

Graduations and Other Ceremonies

Well, it finally happened at this last event. I have been paid to take photographs for a while now, but this might have been the first time I felt more like a professional. This past weekend I had the pleasure of shooting a ring ceremony at NC State. Essentially it was much like a graduation type set up as students of the school would make their way across a stage and I would snap a shot as they received their ring and stopped and smiled shaking the hand of the dignified individual giving them their ring. While I have been doing events where I have been paid to take photographs for a while now this was very very different. Behind me were 200-300 parents and friends many of whom were toting cameras to document the occasion. The slightly nerve racking thing, but really the exciting thing, was that I happened to be the "professional" paid to provide the official record for the institution of each person receiving their ring. It was also a bit different because I shot full manual. I am used to shooting manual, but not full manual and I was under strict you will use manual focus rules and did so with good result :) So a ton of fun and I am looking forward to doing Meredith's fall graduation this weekend!

1 comment:

andrew said...

Congrats man! Are you allowed to post some of your shots from the event? I'd love to see a few.